Thursday, January 20, 2011

Moonlight Becomes You

With perfectly clear skies and the time for a full moon, to be cliched, it's absolutely magical.

I cannot resist a walk out on a moonlit night, when everything is bathed in white moonlight, the goddess Selena gazing down upon the land.

cold moon Cold eye of Selena casts her white light.

Taking the camera with me and setting on available light allowed me to capture some of the feeling, although it only hints at how it looked and felt.

moonlit track Deep shadows create a feeling of mystery on familiar walks.

moonlit trees Trees are silvered edged.

Next time the moon is out bright, try a walk under her, maybe you too will feel some of the mystical qualities it gives to the land.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and hauntingly gothic. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda,
    There were areas so deep in shade I could not get a photo out of them,but the feeling of moonlight and shadow really did have that very Gothic feeling to it. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what lovely pictures, I find I often wake during the night when the moon is full, I'm amazed at how light it sometimes is, almost like daylight, but different. I confess I had to google Selena to find out that she's the greek goddess of the moon!

    ReplyDelete