Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Surprise Guest

Picking up my gardening gloves from the shelf in the outhouse made me jump a bit. We had a surprise guest snuggled under them.

toad,bufo bufo A small Toad had somehow managed to clamber up onto the shelf 3 feet above the floor and hunkered down under the gloves.

I carefully took it outside and placed underneath the large rock slab outside the door, making sure it crawled under out of harms way.

Next day once again picking up my gloves, it was back there again!

toad in outhouse,toad,bufo bufo

It's easy for them this size to get under the door, plenty of gap to squeeze under, but how it manages to get up on the shelf is beyond me?

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!
    He obviously likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't keep him away, Amanda. Still eats the slugs around the house and spares our plants.

    ReplyDelete